Sunday, April 10, 2011

SUNDAY MATINEE



With Tangled, Disney returns to its roots with a story of a

 traditional princess, a reluctant hero, and a wicked witch and 

although many are tired of this old formula.

 IT WORKED FOR ME.

Tangled is the classic story of Rapunzel with, of course, a twist. 

A VERY LONG TWIST!


You know, there’s a princess kept in a tower by an evil enchantress who uses her long hair to gain 

ACCESS TO HER YOUTH.

 Meany weeny, but what if?? 

JUST SAYING : ) 



One day, a sweet 

charming bandit 

named 


FLYNN RIDER runs into

 her and 

they set off to find her

 TRUE PARENTS. 

There’s 

magic, adventure,

 and a NICE love story.


MOTHER GOTHEL 

deserves 

honourable mention. 

She's truly one of the 

BEST villains to date.

At first she can be 

confused as

SWEET& CARING

but she's really cunning, 

selfish and brilliantly

 EVIL. 

(sounds like somebody I know)


Her little chameleon takes care of her 

AWWWWW.


Rupunzel is so darn sweet. 

Those big big eyes OMG.


My FAVOURITE part of 

the movie is

 THIS  scene. 

Magic, pure magic.

You'll see why.

Mandy Moore 

is EXCELLENT.

Zachary Levi

 is CHARMING.

AND...


reminded me of the 

hazelnut squash soup that Rapunsel's 

mean mother made her 

Thank's Jori ; )


Randy and I most definitely give this one a...


Wait just one minute would you?

Let's see what 

CHEF  RANDY 

( that would be my husband)

 is cooking tonight.

This is AMAZING. 

He's AMAZING (and I'm not 

just saying that).  

YOUTUBE t'boot.






13 comments:

Grace said...

I adored this movie! So cute! Your husband's dinner looks fabulous. Grace xoox

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sounds like a fun time ! and then a great meal..who could ask for more.
Was in Augusta all week baby sitting my GRANDdogters. Got home yesterday and today I'm packin' and getting ready to go to Nashville ...woooot ! Will be there a week.
Hope I can make this Pink Saturday.
Miss you toooo (())

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD AFTERNOON PRECIOUS PINK LADY! Then I must see this indeed! You always have fun reviews and I so love where your blog has headed dearest. Are you enjoying this format? I know for a while there, you were not too happy with it, but I LOVE THE FONT ON THIS! Is this custom, or is it part of Bloggers new font choices? LOVELY!

Have a great week, Claudie!! Anita

Jori said...

Awwww I love it SO much too! The lantern scene is the best. You are right. Mother Gothel FREAKS.ME.OUT. She is extra scary because she pretends to be nice, she isn't blatantly evil like most Disney villans. As always love your movie reviews cutie pie. :)

Sherry from Alabama said...

Thanks for the review! We just got Netflix and I think I saw this one listed. I'll be sure to check it out!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Unknown said...

Ooo I love your banner and the music on here! I will definitely have to let the girls watch this movie too! It was great chatting with you on the phone!!!

Sandy xoxo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Claudie, I've never heard of this movie, and it sounds like something I'd enjoy. THANKS!

I love to see what Randy is cooking... YUM!

Big hugs, my friend...

XO,

Sheila (who loves your new header)

wendy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie.
If they ever do a Broadway show of it....all my grandgirls could play ALL the parts. The KNOW all the songs, (so freaking cute to hear them singing it) and All the lines.

We went and saw this when it first came out. Right after Matthew died. I took all the grandkids to the movie theatre with their mom's to see it.

Emma and I ended up bawling like a baby..........at the part where she sings
"turn back the hands of time, bring back what once was mine"

I guess our emotions were still very much too raw for that.

It was Disney at it's best I think.

wishing you a happy ever after my friend.

wendy said...

and kudos to Randy...he is truly a Prince Charming in the kitchen.

jeanne said...

Hi Claudie, I so wanted to see this movie. Now I have some info (your terrific review)to use on Bill. He is easy and like to please me. I am about to run over to the cabin to wish Jerry and Marilyn Happy Anniversary. Ours in coming up on the 20th. I have to think up a good post.

I am glad to hear you are getting more sleep. What did the Dr. tell you?

Randy's fried rice sounds so good. I don't have a rice cooker. Now I want one. Smile. We do like rice, my cousin doesn't!!! I have been too busy to visit Randy's post. I love seeing what he is cooking and listening to his 'sexy' voice. LOL.

Gotta run, I have so much to do. LAUNDRY, UNPACK, UNLOAD THE CAR, ETC. ETC. ETC.
I LOVE YOU TO PIECES,
JEANNE XOXOXO
oops the caps were on. No do-overs here. Laughing.

Claudia said...

Hey Pumpkin
Darling movie -- I have long been an animated film lover and this one is contemporary and wonderful.

Randy -- what a charming chef and "star" you are! Im kicking myself for not getting to be up there this summer. :(

Glad to hear you are sleeping a wee bit better ... i am worried about you hon.

Have a good week.

hugs!

Claudia

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Miss Vivi saw the movie and loved it! I will have to check it out on DVD. :) Looks darling!

Ok....Im really impressed with your husband youtube video. Looks yummy! I also have to say that your hubby has a very sexy voice. :) Im sure you already know that. tee! hee!

Love ya Miss Claudie!!!!
XOXOXO
Jenn

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

HI sweetie, just stoppin by to say HI! Hope you get soem WARM weather soon! WE are getting RAIN and 58 for the next 2 days:( Have to pay for today, I guess:):) XO, Pinky